Your Trusted Casters and Sellers of Authentic, Paranormal, Occult Metaphysical Items and Spirit Collecting...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Witchy Poo Samhain Menu For October 31st Halloween

Okay! Hey everyone. It's me again! Rebecca!
I have finally decided what I am cooking this year, as everyone in my family is coming to my house in Savannah this time! Here goes. Let me know what you think - if I should add anything or cook anything a little differently, etc. You are welcome to make any of these items for your gatherings or parties as well! Let me know how your guests like it!
 
Pumpkin Gnocchi with Brown Butter and Sage Sauce
 
 
 
Very easy to make! I practiced it today once!
 
Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
1 handful sage leaves
1/2 batch (about 1 pound) pumpkin gnocchi (cooked)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions:
1. Melt the butter in a pan and cook it until it just starts to brown.
2. Add the sage and fry until crispy, about 1 minute.
3. Add the gnocchi and toss to coat.
4. Remove from heat and mix in the lemon juice.
 
Broiled Apples and Pears With Rosemary
 
I haven't had a chance to try this one yet - But I had something like it once so I am sure it will be good. I am going to practice it sometime before the 31st though!
 
  • 4 Golden Delicious apples, unpeeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
  • 4 Bosc pears, unpeeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
  • Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Preheat broiler. Brush 2 large baking sheets with olive oil. Gently toss apples, pears, 1/4 cup oil, and minced rosemary in large bowl. Arrange fruit in single layer on sheets. Broil until fruit is tender and edges begin to brown, watching closely to avoid burning and turning sheets for even browning, about 5 minutes. Transfer fruit to platter. Sprinkle with pepper. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
 
Kitchen Witchery: Auntie Clara’s Famous Italian Meatballs 
 
 
This is an awesome one I have made! I found it on another witch's blog!!!! It's wonderful and I am going to repeat it for my family!
Ingredients
4 slices dry bread
1 lb ground beef
2 eggs
½ cup Romano
2 tbsp parsley
1 clove garlic
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
  1. Soak bread in water for 2-3 minutes, then squeeze moisture out. Combine soaked bread with remaining ingredients. Mix well.
  2. Form small balls. Brown in 2 tablespoons olive oil.
 
Kitchen Witchery: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup white sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
15 oz pumpkin puree
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon cardamom
½ cup oats
¾ cup chocolate chips
  • Heat oven to 375ยบ. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
  • Mix butter and sugars in large bowl with a wooden spoon. Beat in eggs. Stir in pumpkin.
  • Stir in remaining ingredients except oats and chocolate chips.
  • Fold in oats and chocolate chips.
  • Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheet.
  • Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
This is another one I found on the same witch's blog! Really good tasting!
I have a few other finger foods I think I'll add but these are the main items I am working with for now!